The Ontario Rally Sprint Championship is returning for 2021!
What is ORSC?
A series of three short rally races with a minimal transit between special stages. Each special stage is limited to a maximum of 5 km with a total limit of 40 km for all stages together. These stages will all be run on forest access roads.
Although the exact places will be announced a bit later (due to the COVID-19 impact and resulting difficulties to negotiate road access with the ministry), we expect to run similar roads like in 2019 (except the Burnt River race).
What are the dates of the races?
Barring any difficulties we expect the races to take place as follows:
- August 21 – Baptiste Lake Road
- September 25 – TBA
- October 30 – TBA
How much does it cost?
Registration for 2021 is currently full.
You have to sign for the whole series for a non-refundable $750 plus $60. If you bring a volunteer, you will be refunded $20 for each race. The registration will open on January 31, 2021 at 8:00 p.m. on the online registration page.
You have to register and pay a non-refundable fee $250 in order for the registration to be accepted. The reminder of $560 have to be paid before April 30, 2021. The payment should be done to “treasurer[at]mlrc[dot]ca”
Only the first 15 teams will be accepted. In addition, you have to be a member of a club and have to buy an ORSC license for $10. If you cannot attend a race we will try to help you to sell your space to another participant.
What are the advantages of ORSC?
- It is similar to a full-fledged rally but shorter and cheaper
- You do not need a rally car license and insurance as the whole event is run on a closed road
- The car is cheaper to build (see the CARS rulebook)
- The event takes place in one day which lowers your additional costs
- We will try to provide stage notes, but you can also prepare your own
- It is a great learning experience for both the driver and the co-driver (and we will also provide a co-driver course prior to the first race)
- It is fun!